Habit is a crack team of creatives, web developers, software engineers, marketing specialists, and wayfinding experts. We’re an agency that builds brands, websites, advertising campaigns, and signage systems for clients big and small. And we think you should join us.
We need a web developer.
You’ll be developing software that we use in-house and for our clients. That means you’ll be asked to design and optimize databases, develop front end user experiences, provide debugging and quality assurance, and solve any problems we run into along the way.
You have plenty of great personal qualities, like…
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An eye for detail
- Multi-tasking skills
- A positive attitude when faced with a project’s changing needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your resume includes…
- The ability to write clean, fast, well-documented code
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, including cross-browser issues
- Familiarity with the MVC design pattern
- Experience with modern PHP development
- Familiarity with Photoshop or similar visual design tools
- Experience using git to manage your code
(Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to be an expert in every area. If you think this might be a good fit for you, go ahead and apply!)
You can boost your chances if…
- You have experience with WordPress, including developing themes and plugins
- You’re sensitive to design
- You have UX design experience
- You have experience with Single Page App development with frameworks like Ember or Vue.js
- You have experience with low-level languages like C or C++
- You get movie and pop culture references (bonus points if you know who said, “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!”)
We have some perks you’ll love.
We’ll give you a fully loaded 27″ iMac to use, a 24″ secondary display, whatever keyboard and mouse you want, and just about any software you could possibly need. We also offer competitive benefits: vision, dental, massages, private rooms in the hospital, you name it. We keep sane hours but pay overtime on the rare occasions it’s needed. Best of all, we work in an easily accessible office in the Bonnie Doon area.
We work hard, but we play hard, too. Extracurricular activities include out-of-office lunches, field trips to the go-kart track, and epic battles on the foosball tables. All we’re missing is you. Bring your ideas and your A-game, and together we’ll make awesome things.
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. If we think you have what it takes, we’ll give you a call and set up an interview.