Habit is a crack team of creatives, web developers, software engineers, marketing specialists, and wayfinding experts. We’re an agency that builds brands, websites, advertising campaigns, and signage systems for clients big and small. And we think you should join us.
We need a writer.
Ours is going on maternity leave, so this will be a one-year contract. You’ll be writing and editing all content that comes out of Habit, both for us and for our clients. That includes everything from brand language, website content, ad copy, and social posts to project briefs, new business proposals, and RFPs. It’s a big job, but we think you’re up to the challenge.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Maintaining a consistent brand voice for Habit and for our clients
- Working with clients to understand their content goals and needs
- Participating in, presenting at, and sometimes managing client meetings
- Taking notes at discovery meetings and turning them into useful project briefs
- Working with our team to write new business proposals and respond to RFPs
- Writing brand language (voice and tone) and messaging (vision, mission, core values, brand promise, and taglines)
- Writing content according to established voice, tone, and style, as well as developing and defining new ones
- Coordinating with clients to gather and revise content
- Writing useful and interesting marketing website content, including page titles, descriptions, and alt text
- Reviewing, editing, and formatting strategy documents and reports before they go out to clients
- Helping create marketing concepts and writing effective advertising copy
- Writing social post content for multiple platforms
- Managing and writing Habit’s monthly newsletter
- Reviewing industry websites and curating content for Habit and for our clients
- Writing video descriptions and occasionally transcribing video
- Managing the occasional project with the support of our operations director and the project team
- Reviewing and editing both internal and client-supplied content for accuracy
- Managing the formatting of branded Pages document templates for use by both Habit and our clients
- Teaming up with our operations director to write and edit internal documentation and policies
- Partnering with the other Habiteers to write blog post content
- Writing case studies with the help of project teams
You have plenty of great personal qualities, like…
- Strong communication skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Taking personal pride in doing your best work
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Being comfortable talking to and working directly with clients
- The flexibility to positively respond to our clients’ and our team’s changing needs
- The ability to work one-on-one with clients
- The ability to pitch your own work with confidence
- The ability to work under tight timelines when you have to
- The wisdom to know when to stop and ask for help (or more information)
Your resume includes…
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or a similar field
- At least three years of previous writing or agency experience
You can boost your chances if…
- You’re familiar with or willing to read the Chicago Manual of Style
- You’re comfortable using Pages and Word
- You know how to manage content on WordPress and/or Squarespace
- You know and love the Oxford comma
We have some perks you’ll love.
We’ll give you a fully loaded Mac to use and just about any software you could possibly need. We also offer competitive benefits: vision, dental, massages, private rooms in the hospital, you name it. We keep sane hours but pay overtime on the rare occasions it’s needed. It’s the full package, and all we’re missing is you. Bring your ideas and your A-game. Together we’ll make awesome things.
Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com or use the form below. If we think you have what it takes, we’ll give you a call and set up an interview.