In some site content, we might link to third-party websites, products, or services. These sites have their own privacy policies, so we don’t control and aren’t responsible for the content and activities of those sites.
Please note that our site isn’t meant to be used by anyone under the age of 13. We don’t market to children or knowingly ask for their personal information.
We’re a data controller, which means we determine how and why we process our users’ personal data. Google performs our analytics and MailChimp handles our mailing list.
How We Collect Your Information
We’ll only collect your personal information if you give it to us voluntarily. You can always visit our website anonymously and not give us any personal information, but this might prevent you from completing certain activities. Below we’ve outlined the ways we might collect your personal information.
We collect your personal information when you fill out the contact form, subscribe to our email newsletter, or apply for a job on our site. At that time, we might ask for the following personal information.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Any employment information that could be found in a cover letter or resume
We’ll use that information to respond to you about our services or career opportunities. If you’ve opted in to receive our marketing emails, we’ll also use that information to send you these marketing emails. However, we’ll only do that if and when you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter.
We’ll never ask you for your social insurance number, or other sensitive and potentially sensitive personal information.
If you’re a client, you might use our site to enter credit card details. All credit card information is stored and processed by Stripe (stripe.com) and never passes through our servers. None of the Habit staff will ever at any time have access to your credit card information.
We collect information about how people use the site in a number of ways, including but not limited to the details below.
- Resources browsed, searched, and downloaded
- Frequency and duration of visits
- Source IP address
This information doesn’t by itself identify a specific person, so we can legally perform this kind of data processing in the legitimate interests of optimizing and targeting our marketing efforts.
You can change your browser’s settings to warn you every time a cookie is sent or even turn off cookies altogether. Your browser’s Help section will tell you how to do that.
How We Use Your Information
We might use your information, both personal and non-personal, for the following reasons.
- Personalize your user experience
- Improve the Site based on user feedback
- Improve the services we offer
- Better respond to client support needs
- Respond after you contact us by phone, email, or contact form
- Send you periodic marketing emails when you’ve subscribed to our newsletter or if you’re an existing client
- Identify new types of content we should publish
- Administer surveys
- Process career applications
- Send you periodic marketing emails
- Analyze data using anonymous visitor information
When you give us your email address, you’ll be invited to our marketing mailing list and given the chance to opt in to receive company news and educational content. All of our email marketing practices comply with Canadian Anti-spam Legislation (CASL). MailChimp, our email provider, is also CASL compliant.
If we intend to use any of your personal information for any other purpose, we’ll tell you what that purpose is when we collect that information.
How We Maintain Your Information
If you want to change or delete your personal information, you can do that at any time by emailing us at hello@habitHQ.ca.
If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us anymore, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every marketing email we send. After that, you won’t get any future emails from us. Please note that this only includes marketing emails sent from hello@habitHQ.ca. You might still receive personal, non-marketing emails from someone who works at Habit.
How We Protect Your Information
Your personal information is kept in a secure network that can only be accessed by select Habit employees who are required to keep it confidential. We use industry-standard data collection and security practices to keep your information from being accessed, altered, shared, or destroyed without your permission. If a data breach does occur, we’ll inform you within five business days so you can take appropriate action.
You have the right to confirm if data controllers like us do, in fact, process your personal data. If we do, you can ask for the following.
- A copy of the personal data we’re processing
- The purpose of the data processing (if we’re using automated decision-making or profiling, you might want to know about the logic involved and the significance and consequences of this processing)
- The types of data we’re processing (e.g., name, address, online browsing behaviours)
- The names of any third parties anywhere in the world who have received or will receive this data, as well as the measures in place to protect data during transit
- The names of any third-party sources who provide us with your personal data
- How long your personal data will be stored or how we would decide on this length of time
You also have the right to correct or erase the personal data we use, and you can restrict or object to the way we process that data. If you have any concerns, you also have the right to register a complaint with a supervisory authority.
This section is only meant to summarize the rights you have under current data protection laws. Some rights are complex, and we haven’t included every detail here. If you’d like to know more about your rights, check out the relevant guidelines from regulatory authorities.
Habit Creations Inc.
7708 83 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6C 2Y8
Copyright © 2018 Habit Creations Inc., Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Last updated 24 May 2018